We’ve heard it before but we barely understand how consistently love resolves all conflict and solves or improves all problems and circumstances.
Ponder the following examples and ask yourself how you can apply love to improve your own life in ways you never considered:
Who intimidates you?
We feel intimidated when our insecurities get triggered.
- Do you ever wonder if you’re good enough to be loved and accepted? If so, someone more skilled, attractive, funny, wealthy, popular, or [insert your particular insecurity here] may “make” you feel uncomfortable because it reminds you of your allegedly unlovable flaws.
- Do you ever feel like the world is unsafe? If so, someone overbearing may seem threatening and dangerous to you. Okay, some people really are threatening and dangerous, but most would never really want to hurt you, and 96% of the world wants you to succeed and be happy! (Deep down, the other 4% do, too.)
The solution? LOVE whoever you feel threatened by. Maybe they will respond with kindness, but that’s not the guarantee.
The promise is that your focus will change to something far more positive and healthy, and once that draws attention away from your vulnerabilities, they’ll stop getting triggered and making you feel bad. Read more “Love Conquers All”